Enable/disable “Last Seen” Timestamp In WhatsApp
Note: In WhatsApp, the double checkmark doesn’t mean that your message has been read. In fact, the second checkmark indicates that your message has been successfully delivered to the other person’s phone. For WhatsApp, we will be covering a method to enable or disable the Last Seen option that lets other users/stalkers know the last time you used the app.
- Simply turn off your Wi-Fi and mobile data, and then open WhatsApp to read/send messages.
- After that, exit WhatsApp and reconnect to wireless data and your messages will be sent without any change in your “Last Seen” status.
There are other ways to accomplish this, such as using an app that disables wireless data each time you open WhatsApp. You can find numerous apps in Google Play that are capable of doing this.
Thankfully, WhatsApp for iPhone has a built-in option for disabling the Last Seen Timestamp. Here’s how to access it,
- Open up WhatsApp Messenger.
- Go to “Settings”, tap on “Chat Settings” and finally “Advanced”.
- Switch the toggle to “OFF’ for “Last Seen Timestamp”.
Prevent Facebook from showing “Seen” status of messages
There are a number of ways to disable the “Seen” feature, but we will cover the easiest and most popular ones for each platform.
To disable this feature on your desktop browser, all you need to do is install a simple extension (browser add-on). However, there are some restrictions as for now, this extension only works for Firefox and Chrome.
- Simply head over to the Chrome Web Store and install the “Facebook Unseen” extension. Chrome will automatically handle the rest for you.
Note: This only function with chat windows in Facebook and won’t work if you open the full conversation on Facebook.
- Download and install the AdBlock Plus add-on on your browser.
- At the bottom of the browser, click the “ABP” logo.
- Select “Filter Preferences”.
- Now go to “Custom Filters” tab. Select “Add filter group” button and name it anything you want to.
- Click on the “Actions” button and select “Show/hide filters”.
- From the new pane that will open, click on “Add Filter”.
- Paste this code: /ajax/mercury/change_read_status.php$domain=
- Hit “Close”.
- Simply head over to Play Store and download “Privy Chat”.
- You can now chat from within this app without sending read receipts.
Stop BBM from showing “R”(Read)
There is a pretty simple trick for preventing BBM from showing the “R” which stands for “Read”.
- Click BBM, and open the chat with an unread message.
- Make sure that you don’t click any buttons. Just read the message without touching any buttons.
- Leave BBM by clicking the “Red” End Call button, not the back button. If you follow this procedure, the message will remain unread.