The first version of Windows 8 was infamously difficult to shut down if you had a PC or laptop, since it was designed to work best with tablets that have a sleep/wake button. Here we show you how to quickly and easily shut down a Windows 8 PC with shutdown button.
Follow These Steps:
1. Go to desktop.
2. Right click on desktop and click New>Shortcut.
(A dialog box will appear)
3. In this dialog you will type:
shutdown -s -t 2 -c “your text”
- The number 2 in this line after -t represents time in seconds. You can increase Shutdown time by increasing seconds.
- You can also display a message on Shutdown. Just change the text in qoutes. e.g “Good Bye”
4. Click Next.
5. A New Dialog box will appear here you will type the name of this Shutdown Button.
6. Click Finish.
7. Change the Icon of this Shutdown Button by right click on it.
Go to Properties>Shortcut (Tab)>Change Icon…
8. Choose Shutdown Button Icon and click OK and then click Apply.
(For pin this Shutdown Button to start)
9. Right click on the button>Click Pin to Start.
(Shutdown Button is pinned to Start)